This September I am co-leading an extraordinary 200 Hour Teacher Training at Yoga Garden San Francisco. There are a lot of trainings to choose from these days, but this program is truly one of the best! Learn how yoga works and ignite your passion for self discovery and service to others.
This training empowers you to teach in your own voice. Our alignment-based hatha yoga teacher training originates from the teachings of Krishnamacharya, the teacher of B.K.S. Iyengar (Iyengar yoga), Pattabhi Jois (Ashtanga yoga) and T.V.K. Desikachar (viniyoga). This gives you a solid foundation of technical excellence combined with philosophical depth, enabling you to teach your practice.
Your yoga teacher training is a time for personal learning and growth, but we have found that the greatest gains are made in a supportive community. Yoga Garden’s yoga teacher training actively nurtures a community of professional peers that will support your practice and your career, today and tomorrow.
Yoga Garden offers smaller, intimately-sized teacher training programs, which provide you with unparalleled access to lead teachers during the program and ongoing mentorship and career advice well beyond program completion. You will begin practice teaching your peers early in the training. Through real classroom experience, teaching groups, and hands-on adjustments, you will gain the confidence and ability to begin teaching yoga immediately upon graduation.
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION (Apply Now!)
SEPTEMBER 14th – DECEMBER 13, 2014
- Tuesday and Friday evenings/ 6:30-9:00 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays/ 12:00-5:00 pm
- No class during Thanksgiving holiday, November 24 – December 1
Tuesday and Friday:
- Practice and Techniques
- Lecture and discussion
Saturday and Sunday:
- Personal Practice
- Anatomy, Philosophy Lectures, Asana clinics.
Noon – 5:00 pm
Our yoga teacher training 200-hour training includes a solid foundation in anatomy, yoga history, yoga philosophy, yoga practice, and teaching skills. Through practice, teaching, discussion, lecture, embodiment, and exploration, Yoga Garden’s yoga teacher training prepares you to share yoga and teach successfully. We don’t give you a script to memorize; instead you acquire the tools to share your own practice in a way that delivers the benefits of yoga to everyone. Some people take the program to learn rather than teach. Whatever your reasons for taking the leap, this training will transform you and your relationship to yoga forever.
Our curriculum includes:
- Free access to all YGSF yoga classes during the duration of your program
- Guided practice includes alignment-based vinyasa yoga classes, pranayama, and chanting.
- Understand how yoga creates well-being, health and higher consciousness.
- Experience how asana (poses), pranayama (breath control), and meditation deliver these benefits.
- Learn human anatomy, biomechanics, and optimal alignment for yoga asana.
PHILOSOPHY & HISTORY
- Explore the historical context in which yoga has evolved from an ancient past through modern times.
- As a carrier of the lineage, you are part of the evolution of yoga!
- Explore yoga’s philosophical foundations to understand the reasons behind the actions.
- Discuss the Yoga Sutras.
- Experience and discuss basic chanting and meditation.
- Receive the technical acumen to lead successful, intelligent, all-levels yoga classes. Graduate with the ability to teach your style of yoga.
- Learn teaching skills which include sequencing, creating relevant themes and intentions, hands-on and verbal adjustments, conscious use of language, voice projection, time management, prenatal modifications, and teaching beginners.
- Gain confidence and effectiveness as a teacher and student of yoga.
- Yoga teacher training graduates are qualified to register their yoga teacher certification with Yoga Alliance® at the RYT200 level. (Your certification is internationally recognized!)
BUSINESS OF YOGA
- Learn how and why business and yoga are related, and how to cultivate a livelihood that is meaningful and ethical.
- Gain insights on creating a successful yoga career and starting your own teaching practice from studio owners and established teachers.
THE YGSF DIFFERENCE / OUR COMMUNITY
- Yoga Garden teachers bring decades of experience teaching, practicing, studying, living and breathing yoga to guide and mentor you.
- Receive mentorship and individualized support that allows you to grow as a student and evolve as a teacher, including ongoing compassionate feedback.
- Be part of a life-long community of yoga students and professionals who support your growth. Stay in touch on our Alumni Facebook page after graduation. Alumni attend free Master Classes and get substantial discounts on yoga and future trainings.
- Our Graduates Teach! We are so proud of our graduates and love to keep in touch. See what they are doing on our Graduates page.