“I have been attending Sonya Genel’s 12-1 Vinyasa class almost every day, and I have this to say about her and her classes: I LOVE them! This is why.
- Sonya is ALWAYS clear, concise, eloquent, and specific with her instructions.
- Sonya’s teaching and practice focuses on alignment, both physical and mental/spiritual, which is an incredible foundation for everything else we do in class.
- She never rushes through poses, but doesn’t go at a snail’s pace either – classes are always perfectly balanced between challenging, energetic, peaceful, and thought-provoking.
- She is just a total gem of a person and is so obviously dedicated to her practice, the class, her students, and making this world a better and more mindful place!
- Sonya’s dedication and unique, giving spirit create a safe space in every class she teaches for all students, of all levels and backgrounds.
As I mentioned in my first review, I am a teacher myself and therefore I come into any class with a heightened awareness of pedagogy and teaching practice. Sonya’s thoughtfulness, dedication, individual accommodations, preparedness and level of professionalism can set an example for any teacher of any discipline. She facilitates my own progress, as a physical and spiritual being, by helping me tune into my own teacher inside myself, which is the greatest gift any teacher could ever give me. I HIGHLY recommend Sonya as a yoga teacher to anyone who loves yoga – or even to anyone who doesn’t YET know that they could love it!”
—Toby Branz via Yelp
0 Flares 0 Flares ×