Welcome! I am so glad you have found your way to this page. My name is Sonya Genel Dresser and in addition to being a Teacher of Yoga, I offer my services as an End-of-Life-Doula (EOLD) also known as a Death Doula or Death Midwife.
A Death Doula is a person trained to provide non-medical holistic support to a person and their family during the end of life. By considering each person’s unique situation and wishes, a death doula provides guidance through all of the emotional, practical, legal, and spiritual issues that arise.
- Help navigating the logistics of End-of-Life (i.e. advanced directives, funeral options, legacy planning)
- Provide comfort, presence, and spiritual support
- Advocate for the dying person’s wishes
- Help plan vigils, rituals, and ceremonies
- Educate patients and families on the new and progressive options of home funerals and Green burials
- Support the family and loved ones before, during, and after death.
- Produce resources for bereavement and grief support
If you feel that you or somebody you know may benefit from these services please contact me to set up a free consultation.
Sonya Genel Dresser (EOLD) has always been interested in the life enriching aspects of approaching death honestly. In a society that often denies the reality of our mortality, Sonya feels deeply called to serve and support those who are facing the end of their lives, to educate the living, and to demystify the process of death and dying.
Sonya has completed the Going with Grace Death Doula Training and the International End of Life Doula Association Training (INELDA). She has also completed intensive volunteer and vigil trainings with Hospice by the Bay and is a registered member of The National End-of-Life Doula Alliance (NEDA).During her several years as a hospice volunteer, Sonya spent countless hours sitting bedside with dying patients, relieving caregivers, and providing support. She is now honored to formally offer the services of End-of-Life Planning and Death Midwifery.