Click here to APPLY ON-LINE today !!!
Yoga Garden SF offers smaller, intimately-sized teacher training programs, which provide you with unparalleled access to lead teachers during the program and ongoing mentorship and career advice well beyond the program completion. You will begin “practice teaching” your peers early in the training. Through real classroom experience teaching groups and offering hands-on adjustments, you will gain the confidence and ability to begin teaching yoga immediately upon graduation.
Your yoga teacher training is a time for personal learning and growth. The greatest gains are made in a supportive community. Yoga Garden’s Yoga Treacher Training actively nurtures a community of professional peers that will support your practice and your career, today and tomorrow.
Our yoga teacher training includes a solid foundation in anatomy, yoga history, yoga philosophy, yoga practice, and teaching skills. Through practice, teaching, discussion, lecture, embodiment, and exploration YGTT prepares you to share yoga and teach successfully. We don’t give you a script to memorize, instead you acquire the tools to share your own practice in a way that delivers the benefits of yoga to everyone. Some people take the program to learn rather than teach. Whatever your reasons for taking the leap, YGTT will transform you and your relationship to yoga forever.
Our curriculum includes:
- Free access to all YGSF yoga classes during the duration of your program!
- Guided practice in Iyengar, Ashtanga and Vinyasa methods.
- Understand how yoga creates well-being, health and higher consciousness.
- Experience how asana (poses), pranayama (breath control), and meditation deliver these benefits.
- Study anatomy with Yoga Tune Up® Integrated Embodied Anatomy Training.
PHILOSOPHY & HISTORY
- Explore the historical context in which yoga has evolved from an ancient past through modern times.
- As a carrier of the lineage, you are part of the evolution of yoga!
- Explore yoga’s philosophical foundations to understand the reasons behind the actions.
- Discuss the Yoga Sutras.
- Experience and discuss basic chanting.
- Receive the technical acumen to lead successful, intelligent, all-levels yoga classes. Graduate with the ability to teach your style of yoga.
- Learn teaching skills which include sequencing, creating relevant themes and intentions, hands-on and verbal adjustments, conscious use of language, voice projection, time management, prenatal modifications, therapeutics, and teaching beginners.
- Gain confidence and effectiveness as a teacher and student of yoga.
- Yoga Garden Teacher Training (YGTT) graduates are qualified to register their teaching certification with Yoga Alliance®. (Your certification is internationally recognized!)
BUSINESS OF YOGA
- Learn the business of yoga and yoga ethics.
- Meet studio owners David Nelson (Lead Instructor) and Marisa Toriggino (Prenatal Instructor)
THE YGSF DIFFERENCE / OUR COMMUNITY
- Yoga Garden lead teachers bring decades of experience teaching, practicing, studying, living and breathing yoga to guide and mentor you.
- Receive mentorship and individualized support that allows you to grow as a student and evolve as a teacher, including ongoing compassionate feedback.
- Be part of a life-long community of yoga students and professionals who support your growth. Stay in touch on our Alumni Facebook page after graduation. Alumni attend free Master Classes.
- Our Graduates Teach! We are so proud of our graduates and love to keep in touch. See what they are doing on our Graduates page.
Please schedule a tour with our program director Michelle Myhre to learn more!
We offer a 200-hour Yoga Alliance®-registered yoga teacher certification in two formats:
- Our 12-week extended program is for working Bay Area yogi’s who can commit to Tuesday and Friday nights, plus Saturday and Sunday afternoons for three months. Many students prefer having more time to assimilate their studies and allow time for work, school, or family.
- Our 28-day immersion program (Mondays off) allows you to complete our in-depth program in the shortest period possible. Our immersion format allows for a process of deep transformation in a supportive community over the course of one month. For students who take training to strengthen their practice and learn more about yoga, the 28-day immersion provides an excellent urban retreat experience.
Upcoming Teacher Trainings in 2013:
- April 2nd – June 23rd, 2013: 200-Hour 12 Week Extended Program
(Enroll by January 28 and save $500)
- April 30 – May 26, 2013: 200-Hour 1 Month Immersion Program
(Enroll by February 28 and save $500)
- July 1, 2013 – July 27, 2013: 200-Hour 1 Month Immersion Program
(Enroll by April 28th and save $500)
- September 10 – December 8, 2013: 200-Hour 12 Week Extended Program
(Enroll by June 28th and save $300)
- October 1 – October 27, 2013: 200-Hour 1 Month Immersion Program
(Enroll by July 28th and save $300)
- Program tuition is $2,950. Early Bird Discounts apply for some programs. Visit the program page from the right sidebar for more information.
- Extended payment plans exist. We want to make Yoga Teacher Training affordable to all students. If you would like to request an extended payment plan to help distribute costs, please apply to the program and then inquire with us regarding options to distribute tuition costs. Learn more
- Yoga Garden SF now offers one 200 Hour Teacher Training Apprentice position per session. Apprentices receive 50% off tuition in exchange for supporting lead teachers and fulfilling various duties. 200 Hour Applicants only please, no Prenatal or Kids Yoga Training applications accepted.
Learn more about the Teacher Training Apprentice Program.